[SOLVED] 92C on a Brand New GPU Inno3d 3070Ti X3

lionheart13

Honorable
Dec 8, 2015
First of all, is that too hot? Seems pretty hot but i barely hear the fans spinning.

I Just installed this brand new card.

I ran FurMark stress test and it only got to 62C
So I was confident to join a game of ‘squad’ and was met with 92C after a few minutes in game.
I capped To 75FPS but it didn’t help.

My specs:
NZXT phantom 1 case
Inno3D 3070ti x3
Thermaltake 750w
I7-6700 Asus Maximus Hero 8
32GB RAM
SSDs and HDDs
3440x1440p 100hz monitor + Gsync

Solution
For me anything above 90°C is hot, GPU should work anyways, it should have countermeasures to avoid getting even higher. But I would try hard to keep them under 85°

I would try to make sure the fans spin, and if you been playing with MSI Afterburner fan profiles I would then set them back to default, or set them around 90% speed to see if it helps.

Sometimes the GPU cooler is not well mounted or not tight enough and you see this kind of temps happend too.

Also I think the NZXT Phantom is not a great case, cooling wise.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
First of all, is that too hot? Seems pretty hot but i barely hear the fans spinning.

I Just installed this brand new card.

I ran FurMark stress test and it only got to 62C
So I was confident to join a game of ‘squad’ and was met with 92C after a few minutes in game.
I capped To 75FPS but it didn’t help.

My specs:
NZXT phantom 1 case
Inno3D 3070ti x3
Thermaltake 750w
I7-6700 Asus Maximus Hero 8
32GB RAM
SSDs and HDDs
3440x1440p 100hz monitor + Gsync
92 is indeed too much.

Case and fan config?

Reactions: RodroX
For me anything above 90°C is hot, GPU should work anyways, it should have countermeasures to avoid getting even higher. But I would try hard to keep them under 85°

I would try to make sure the fans spin, and if you been playing with MSI Afterburner fan profiles I would then set them back to default, or set them around 90% speed to see if it helps.

Sometimes the GPU cooler is not well mounted or not tight enough and you see this kind of temps happend too.

Solution

lionheart13

Honorable
Dec 8, 2015
92 is indeed too much.

Case and fan config?

i have two side intakes and a top fan that im not sure what it's doing. a back exhaust also. GPU fans are away from everything on the top slot.

i just noticed my fans don't react to the increasing temps and are stuck at 30%. i thought msi afterburner would be the culprit so i closed it but i'm still stuck on 30%.

I mounted it pretty tight. It's not even sagging.
Fans are stuck at 30% it seems. Can't get them to move. Any ideas?

i have two side intakes and a top fan that im not sure what it's doing. a back exhaust also. GPU fans are away from everything on the top slot.

i just noticed my fans don't react to the increasing temps and are stuck at 30%. i thought msi afterburner would be the culprit so i closed it but i'm still stuck on 30%.

I mounted it pretty tight. It's not even sagging. 1
Fans are stuck at 30% it seems. Can't get them to move. Any ideas? 2

1. Im not talking about how you tighted the card to the slot and the case, Im talking about how tight or not could be the cooler to the PCB. This wouldnt be your fault if its an issue, more like a problem when the GPU was assembled.

2. Yes you can try what I wrote (if you didn't already), open afterburner and cranck the fan slider up to at least 90% speed, see if that helps.

Did you installed the lastest nvidia drivers?

Also whats the exact model for that 750 watts PSU?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88

lionheart13

Honorable
Dec 8, 2015
1. Im not talking about how you tighted the card to the slot and the case, Im talking about how tight or not could be the cooler to the PCB. This wouldnt be your fault if its an issue, more like a problem when the GPU was assembled.

2. Yes you can try what I wrote (if you didn't already), open afterburner and cranck the fan slider up to at least 90% speed, see if that helps.

Did you installed the lastest nvidia drivers?

Also whats the exact model for that 750 watts PSU?

Yes MSI Afterburner wasn't set up correctly, i guess. I gave it a good curve and now i'm gaming at 75-78C on max load.
Problem solved i think. Now 'Rust' is crashing with no error message. I'm trying to figure out what that could be from...

the PSU is 750W Thermaltake 'toughpower' Gold 80+

Reactions: RodroX