[SOLVED] 95 C too high??

May 11, 2020
I recently just installed an enermax liqmax III 360mm radiator aio on my i7-7700k and overclocked it to 4.9ghz. I ran a userbenchmark test while monitoring my temps and it reached up to 95C at one point. I know the max temp for the cpu is 100C or something but is 95C safe? or is it just a bad cooler?

Solution
Did you notice any good reduction in CPU temp after installing the water pump?

I used to have AIO water pump with 240mm radiator for my i5 6600k, and in some pressure tests the CPU temp were hitting 90C for less than a sec and return back to less than 60C. Not sure if it is normal to happen I think it depends on the pressure tests used, because while gaming and doing other staffs it was not exceeding 65C.

However, just to make sure that things are going well, I suggest that you check and make sure that you have installed the pump over the CPU properly with all 4 corners are balanced and the thermal paste is spread over the CPU. Some say that you don't need to tighten the screws of the pump too much and cause a pressure over the CPU...

STEVED12

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015

I used to have AIO water pump with 240mm radiator for my i5 6600k, and in some pressure tests the CPU temp were hitting 90C for less than a sec and return back to less than 60C. Not sure if it is normal to happen I think it depends on the pressure tests used, because while gaming and doing other staffs it was not exceeding 65C.

However, just to make sure that things are going well, I suggest that you check and make sure that you have installed the pump over the CPU properly with all 4 corners are balanced and the thermal paste is spread over the CPU. Some say that you don't need to tighten the screws of the pump too much and cause a pressure over the CPU because that will make the CPU get hot instead of cooling.

and also you can check if the water pump is plugged in the correct AIO water pump connector on the MB

Solution
May 11, 2020

However, just to make sure that things are going well, I suggest that you check and make sure that you have installed the pump over the CPU properly with all 4 corners are balanced and the thermal paste is spread over the CPU. Some say that you don't need to tighten the screws of the pump too much and cause a pressure over the CPU because that will make the CPU get hot instead of cooling.

and also you can check if the water pump is plugged in the correct AIO water pump connector on the MB
I reinstalled the pump and spread out the thermal paste manually instead of doing just a dot in the middle and my temperatures barely reach 75 now. Thank you for your help!

TRENDING THREADS