9500 np Artifacts Suggestions?

JAGedlion

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
Well, i have a 9500 np, rather, i bought it for a friend and I admit, I did install the 950->9700 hack, but after reallizing that if something went wrong that the kid was so computer illiterate he wouldn't know what to do, I unistalled it. Both were done the same day. Now, three days later, I'm getting artifacts on all highly intensive graphics and everyonce and a while games just go all screwy,, missing textures and the like. Can(should) i stil RMA it to NewEgg?

System specs are:
1800+ palimino core
ga7vrxp
512 ddr2100
the radeon 9500 np
a dvd and cd drive
a bunch of fans
the reatail heat sink
2x cold cathodes
lynksis wireless card
antec true blue 350
and 100 gig maxtor

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmmm. use an ATI overclocking too to check that the card is running back at normal speeds.

then try removing and putting back in the card, followed by a complete driver uninstall then reinstal.

If its still goes wierd then you will have to RMA. Or try to.
Technically you can't RMA as you use non certified drivers that "do bad stuff"TM.
(and im sure the hacked drivers you did use had alllllll sorts of disclaimers on them)
You probably can get an RMA, but its a bit unethical.

<b>Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

JAGedlion

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
so you do think that its a hardware problem and that a replacement is the only way to fix it? I was hoping for something... Easier.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well like i said first do the drivers, check the clock speeds, then the card in the agp slot, then possibly flash the bios.

But if none of those things work then u dont really have much choice.

<b>Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

JAGedlion

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
Well after discussing with my 'rents I've decided to leave the card in even if it is broken. BTW, flashing the BIOS does void warranties. This computer was built for some friends who aren't so good with technology, and I'm leaving for a different state next week so if the replacement doesn't arrive or is broken also I wont be here to install/fix it.

EDIT:: I will try reseating the card, it is already at stock everything. But considering the problem is intermittent I won't know if its fixed.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jagedlion on 08/14/03 11:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>