Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
specs:
1700+ @ 2600+
a7n8x deluxe rev2
768 333mhz ram
radeon 9500 non-pro
blah blah blah

Here's the deal. I've read tons of stuff online about this problem and I still haven't fixed this problem yet. Pretty much all the times I've got these fairly quick moving horizontal lines moving up/down my monitor. They aren't black or anything, it's like a constant wave of pixels going up my monitor, mostly noticable when gaming or staring at a webpage too long.

I've tried different drivers, versions of dirext x, etc. I saw a thread in another forum talking about turning "vsync", but only found an option that said either "always off" or "application preference" I also saw something about placement of the video card power wire or placement of the computer to the monitor, but all attempts of fixing this have failed.

If anyone has any help on this, I'd practically give my soul to them

Please help me...lol

It's all good ^_^

Ganache

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did you try another card or another monitor? Your problem may be your monitor. Either refresh rate is way too low, or it's busted.

xazos79

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
I had the same deal with a new system. First with the GeforceFX 5600 that i got, and then with the Radeon9600Pro i traded it in for. I upgraded the Radeon with the latest Catalyst drivers and the lines seem to have disappeared.

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Yeah, its the monitor either A) Going out and dying or B) refresh rate being jacked.

So do the lines disappear when you go into a game and play it? Usually games will have their own specific refresh rate and I was wondering if the lines disappeared. Windows XP has a difficult time with resolutions migrating in between games and it's desktop settings. Usually, I run into problems with games designed to run on windows 9X systems. I use a program called <A HREF="http://www.entechtaiwan.com/" target="_new">MultiRes</A> to lock refresh rates at a solid 90Hz for all games and also on my desktop. Just an FYI for you...but I'd say the monitor is dying or the refresh rate isn't set right.

<font color=blue>I don't have to be careful! I have a gun!</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
Sorry namek0.I have exactly the same problem and i have found that there is no sure solution to it.The monitor is generally NOT at fault-try it on another pc/card and you will see that.The card itself is not at fault in most cases either-try it in another pc and see.There is a <A HREF="http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33672888" target="_new">looooong thread</A> on Rage3d about this issue and there seems to be no single fix for it.There seems to be the odd effort which has worked involving wrapping the card power cables around ferrite beads to prevent EMI.
Good luck in your quest anyway and please let me know if you find a solution to this annoying problem.I have essentially given up and decided to live with the lines.

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I don't think it's the monitor, and I use powerstrip to lock all my refresh rates at 75hz.

I don't feel all that bad knowing how many people have this problem, it's just that seeing so many people with crappy wal-mart/hp systems and having no lines at all is what bugs me, lol.

I'll keep runnign around the internet between classes seeing if I can figure something out.

Way off topic, but does anyone know a way to get around a network password? Example: Someone (hehe) lives in a dorm, where he/she has access to every students computer in the building. He/she isn't wanting to hack or do virus crap, but is just wanting to share mp3s because the campus firewall prevents all but bittorrent and direct d/l. I've guessed my way into 2 computers, but all I have access to is their printers (guessed "guest" and "administrator"

Thanks for the responses thus far btw
(I asked my mom to email me my dvi adapters, I didn't think I'd need my box of hardware here at school, lol. It shoudl be here tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I got it working or not)
It's all good ^_^<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by namek0 on 08/18/03 01:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
You'll have to share the hard disk using a share name. Something like \\XX-XXX-XX\c$ where X is the computer network name. The C$ will cue the computer connecting that it can share the entire hard drive. Or you can designate specific folders to share ....such as one named mp3. But, in order to set shares, you must be an administrator. email me at tks@myself.com and I will help you with this problem :p

<font color=blue>I don't have to be careful! I have a gun!</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I don't think it's the monitor, it's been great and I look forward to it being great for years to come.

The dvi adapter should come today, so I'll see if that'll fix the problem. If not, I'll try swapping my roomate's geforce2 and checking it out.

And my refresh rate is pretty much always at 75 or 85

It's all good ^_^