Status
Not open for further replies.

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Purchased 955 and ASUS EVO 790x. Tried to install stock fan but the latches cant both go down, one can, the other wont. It depends on which is secured first. The one latch still holds it pretty firm, but I do not want problems when I complete my pc. Any sugs.

Solution
After you place it, make sure that both sides are relatively even, and both sides are at their lowest point. If one side is too low, the other side rests too high to be latched.

Then, latch the side WITHOUT the lever, just by having it catch the holder or whatever. You should have to apply very little pressure as it should be fairly easy.

Then do the side with the lever (make sure this is down facing the larger part of the motherboard). You should have to press down with a tad bit of pressure, but it shouldn't be too hard, otherwise the latches weren't in the right spot.

Then clamp it in and you should be good to go.

You don't want to run the computer as you have it because if the heatsink isn't firmly on the CPU, your temps will be...

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

If u watch the vid, it seems that he only secures one side, right?

thedavidharris

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
After you place it, make sure that both sides are relatively even, and both sides are at their lowest point. If one side is too low, the other side rests too high to be latched.

Then, latch the side WITHOUT the lever, just by having it catch the holder or whatever. You should have to apply very little pressure as it should be fairly easy.

Then do the side with the lever (make sure this is down facing the larger part of the motherboard). You should have to press down with a tad bit of pressure, but it shouldn't be too hard, otherwise the latches weren't in the right spot.

Then clamp it in and you should be good to go.

You don't want to run the computer as you have it because if the heatsink isn't firmly on the CPU, your temps will be higher than they should be.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS