[SOLVED] 960 EVO + z390 Gaming Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2019
Hello
I have a motherboard Z390 Gaming Sli with a I7-9700K and one Gtx 1080 and a m.2 Drive 960 EVO and a 850W PSU.
I had a problem with my motherboard and i needed to RMA itand got a new one and after that my M.2 Drive is not reading as PCIe 3.0 x 4 but as PCIe 3.0 X1.
in my other motherboard it worked great and read as PCIe 3.0 x 4 and read in 3200MB/s and write 1800MB/s but now it goes only till 800MB/s.
My bios version is F7 and ACHI is on and running on UEFI, and i have a Samsung NVMe driver installed.
My M.2 is at the M2A slot, and when i check it on the M2P slot it runs perfect with PCIe 3.0 x 4, before you say that the drive only reads as PCIe 3.0 x1 its wrong because once again it worked good on my last motherboard and the from the manual it says that it is a PCI/SATA Slot.
I wanna use the M2A slot because it has a coolling board on it and the M2P shit at the bottom near the GPU.

I think i missing some right configuration for the bios in order to make the drive run as NVMe at PCIe 3.0 x 4 speed.

Please assist thank you in advance.

Apr 28, 2019
Be sure your M.2 drive is inserted all the way. It can appear to be inserted and screw down without being inserted all the way.
Thanks for the reply, i am sure the drive is all the way in when i checked the drive in the other slot and put back in the old one i made sure it was all the way in.

Apr 28, 2019
Hello
I have a motherboard Z390 Gaming Sli with a I7-9700K and one Gtx 1080 and a m.2 Drive 960 EVO and a 850W PSU.
I had a problem with my motherboard and i needed to RMA itand got a new one and after that my M.2 Drive is not reading as PCIe 3.0 x 4 but as PCIe 3.0 X1.
in my other motherboard it worked great and read as PCIe 3.0 x 4 and read in 3200MB/s and write 1800MB/s but now it goes only till 800MB/s.
My bios version is F7 and ACHI is on and running on UEFI, and i have a Samsung NVMe driver installed.
My M.2 is at the M2A slot, and when i check it on the M2P slot it runs perfect with PCIe 3.0 x 4, before you say that the drive only reads as PCIe 3.0 x1 its wrong because once again it worked good on my last motherboard and the from the manual it says that it is a PCI/SATA Slot.
I wanna use the M2A slot because it has a coolling board on it and the M2P slot at the bottom near the GPU.

I think i missing some right configuration for the bios in order to make the drive run as NVMe at PCIe 3.0 x 4 speed.

Please assist thank you in advance.

Apr 28, 2019
did they give you a new one or refurbished?
check it in bios or windows?
I’m sure they replaced but didn’t give me a new one because a saw screws mark about the pins

If I read your post correctly, you replaced the motherboard. I believe that the motherboard is not working correctly; there is no x1 option for the m2 slots; or the SSD is not. I'd think motherboard since it is working fine at x1
I really hope it’s not a bad MB it will be the second RMA in less then a month.

Apr 28, 2019
Here are some pictures I took to show some settings in my bios and how the bios displays the ssd when connected to two different slot (m2a and m2p) and I connected a gtx 1080 to show some reference if the pci slot distributed properly
Intel site says that for i7-9700k the pci configuration is as follows :
PCI Express Configurations ‡Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4
And to quote from from gigabyte site the MB as “Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 X4 (1 with Thermal Guard) & SATA interface”

View: https://m.imgur.com/a/RqIbJJM

Status
Not open for further replies.