Question 9600k OC question.

Aug 17, 2019
Hi there,

So, my 9600k has a base clock of 3.7GHz and a turbo of up to 4.6GHz though it actually caps at 4.3 GHz on all cores. If I wanted to overclock it, would I have to attempt to get the clock ratio up to above 43 for there to be any change or would there be another intel turbo setting I could use to push the turbo capabilities higher.

Essentially I want to see if I can overclock by doing anything else other than only increasing the cpu ratio.

Aug 17, 2019
You've a 'k' chip. Designed to OC by the multi. You can use BLCK, and increase the bus clock, but it's not advisable, and adds en element of instability, that can make troublshooting an OC a pain.

Here's a guide to OC:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/cpu-overclocking-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners.3347428/

Thank you!

Quick question, I've kept my Vcore cpu voltage at the stock 1.2 and changed it to 1.2 instead of leaving it at auto.

I then managed to overclock to 4.6GHz on all cores before crashing. I now reset it and i noticed my clocks going up to 4.6GHz but when i stress it they max out at 4.3. Why is this?