[SOLVED] 9600k or wait and get 3700x in september 2019

gunnimikki

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I have a 6600k right now and want to upgrade it for more cores so i can get more fps in cs and other games like bo4 so i could get 9600k for 250 + 110 *9600k* or about 330 *estimated price* + 100-130 *3700x*

I have a 1070 and 16gb ram

Solution
Okay, first off adding more cores will not improve your framerates in Counterstrike, that game is old and very single thread dependent. Adding more cores would only maybe help if you're also livestreaming your gameplay.

If you want to get third gen Ryzen, you're probably best off just sticking with what you have and waiting the 3 or 4 months it will take for it to hit store shelves. If you feel you need an upgrade right now, then maybe see if you can get a used i7 6700k or 7700k for a decent price to tide you over for a while longer. Alternatively, buy an AM4 board with a 2nd gen Ryzen part now and drop the third gen Ryzen chip on that board later when its available if you really want it. There is little sense in buying a new...
Okay, first off adding more cores will not improve your framerates in Counterstrike, that game is old and very single thread dependent. Adding more cores would only maybe help if you're also livestreaming your gameplay.

If you want to get third gen Ryzen, you're probably best off just sticking with what you have and waiting the 3 or 4 months it will take for it to hit store shelves. If you feel you need an upgrade right now, then maybe see if you can get a used i7 6700k or 7700k for a decent price to tide you over for a while longer. Alternatively, buy an AM4 board with a 2nd gen Ryzen part now and drop the third gen Ryzen chip on that board later when its available if you really want it. There is little sense in buying a new motherboard and CPU that you're only going to use for less than a year before switching to an entirely different platform.

Solution