[SOLVED] 9600k (Sync all cores)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2316159
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2316159

Hi, i have an i5-9600k and if i leave the turbo boost enabled (4.3GHz all cores and 4.6Ghz in one) i get BSOD (Clock Watchdog Timeout). I am not overclocking (because i'm kinda noob) and i have a question: If i sync all cores at 4.3GHz and i leave everything on auto i'm fine, i don't get BSOD's and i get great temps (53 degrees on Prime 95 v26.6 and the same when i run a Cinebench R15 test). Is it ok to leave everything on auto at 4.3GHz synchronizing all cores? I repeat: I am not overclocking the CPU (I know i bought the wrong one. I had to buy the 9400f, haha).

P.S.: Using the AI Overclock utility in the BIOS i got 4.8GHz and temps running Prime95 of 77 degrees C and bumping up the voltage a little at stock settings i don't get BSOD's.

System specs:

ASUS Hero XI WiFi
2x8gb Crucial Ballistix
EVGA 1070ti SC
H100i v2
BitFenix Whisper 750w

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Is it ok to leave everything on auto at 4.3GHz synchronizing all cores? I repeat: I am not overclocking the CPU (I know i bought the wrong one. I had to buy the 9400f, haha).

P.S.: Using the AI Overclock utility in the BIOS i got 4.8GHz and temps running Prime95 of 77 degrees C and bumping up the voltage a little at stock settings i don't get BSOD's.
It's ok to leave it at 4.3 but as you understand you will loose quite some performance you paid for.
4.8 with 77 degrees is very good and you don't have to worry about using it and if it clocks down while you don't do much it won't draw much power either.
Is it ok to leave everything on auto at 4.3GHz synchronizing all cores? I repeat: I am not overclocking the CPU (I know i bought the wrong one. I had to buy the 9400f, haha).

It's ok to leave it at 4.3 but as you understand you will loose quite some performance you paid for.
4.8 with 77 degrees is very good and you don't have to worry about using it and if it clocks down while you don't do much it won't draw much power either.

Solution