970 and ROG Swift

Enapace

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
I've been looking around and reading reviews and people's comments and think I've decided to get a 970 and a ROG Swift. I think with G-Sync and playing on Medium-High I should get an enjoyable gaming experience expect a 970 on those settings will get 45-65FPS. In future I will look at getting a 980 or 980Ti or the 1000 series cards when they are released to give myself a solid gaming experience at 1440P

Does that sound like a good idea ?

Solution
Yes, the Asus ROG Swift is the first G-Sync monitor and so it's pricey. When all monitor manufacturer release with G-Sync enabled, competition will grow and "Let us see who sells the budget G-Sync monitor" comes into play and thus comparatively low priced cheaper G-Sync monitors will be available.

Enapace

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Thought that myself figured with the addition of G-Sync would help when I get the low spikes when I am playing. Plus it would give me a monitor with a lot of head room for the future least I hope it will very expensive monitor.

Yes, the Asus ROG Swift is the first G-Sync monitor and so it's pricey. When all monitor manufacturer release with G-Sync enabled, competition will grow and "Let us see who sells the budget G-Sync monitor" comes into play and thus comparatively low priced cheaper G-Sync monitors will be available.

Solution

chenw

Honorable
G-Sync is generall pricey because freesync isn't available yet, so it has no competition. Once freesync monitors start flowing in, G-sync should drop in price. I personally wouldn't find a budget type swift (one without either syncs) or a hybrid sync swift (both g and free sync).

Also, swift was the first 1440p monitor to offer 144hz, hence the premium on it, but to be honest, with the current prices of other available G-sync monitors (most of them are 27" 1080p, a few 24" and 1 4k), Swift's price isn't that bad.

Enapace

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

Yeah I understand that I was just making sure if I spent over £600 that I was going to be getting a solid monitor that would last me for a while. G-Sync for the moment is the best solution to the problem and this monitor seems to be the best of the bunch was not planning originally on paying this much was originally going get the upcoming 24 inch 1440p IPS ASUS and a GTX 980 but think the 970 and the Swift should work out better least I hope they will.