970 Evo, Asus Maximus xi here/ no drive showing up in window installer

Feb 6, 2019
I've done everything I teener has to offer, I can see my 970 Evo in bios but when I boot out of my USB with Windows UEFI it doesnt show my 970 Evo as an available driver. Actually no drive shows up in this window. Please help gone through about all the options in bios and been working on this for three days now....

Disconnect ALL other drives while trying to install on any NVME drive, to start with.

Make sure to disable CSM (Compatibility support module), ENABLE UEFI or Windows 8/10 mode in the boot or secure boot options, and also make sure that there are no RAID settings enabled. Storage type should be set to AHCI if applicable.

It may be necessary to simply disconnect all drives except the 970 EVO, and then do a hard reset of the BIOS using the CMOS batter as follows.

Power off. Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. During those five minutes, press the case power button for 30 seconds continuously. Reinstall the CMOS battery after the five minutes are complete. Reconnect power to the PSU or plug back into the wall. Power on and enter the BIOS. Choose the boot override feature to allow booting from the device on which you have your installation media installed.