Question 970 evo plus questions

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I just installed the 970 evo plus in my PC and i heard that its good to go to the Samsung website and get the driver for the ssd. Does this help increase the performance on the nvme? If so is it just a simple download and install or do you have to do anything special to apply the driver.

Also, I accidentally installed the nvme on the m2 slot without heatsink. The one with the heatsink is covered by the gpu currently. Is it worth switching spots, especially since my OS is on the drive? I'm sure you can just switch spots and it will read the drive the same in any of the two spots correct?

Lutfij

Titan
You should primarily make sure that the motherboard you're working with is on the latest BIOS version. Once your OS is installed, make sure that you've installed all chipset, storage and relevant drivers(not the Samsung NVMe drivers, mind you), then you can install the NVMe drivers. When installing any and/or all drivers for your platform, install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of the motherboard? Which slots are you referring to on the motherboard?

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
You should primarily make sure that the motherboard you're working with is on the latest BIOS version. Once your OS is installed, make sure that you've installed all chipset, storage and relevant drivers(not the Samsung NVMe drivers, mind you), then you can install the NVMe drivers. When installing any and/or all drivers for your platform, install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of the motherboard? Which slots are you referring to on the motherboard?

I'm using the Asus tuf gaming x570 pro. I didn't upgrade the bios because my version isn't too far behind the most recent version and I was told if everything is working fine its better to not update them.
And there are 2 m2 slots on the board. One right below the cpu and another below the gpu which has a heatsink.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019

Also, the only driver I installed so far has been my nvidia video driver but I didn't install it as "run with administrator". Do issues occur if you don't do that?