970 evo vs 860 pro endurance

gremlin3378

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2015
i was looking to buy a new drive and install the OS (windows 10) on it but i'm stuck between the 970 evo and 860 pro. I only plan to migrate the OS from my 2tb WD Black hdd and install a few adobe programs on it. The newer 970 evo is faster but i don't know if it would be more durable than the 860 pro. I plan to get the 256gb/250gb model. Does the capacity affect endurance? maybe that's a dumb question. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Generally, larger drives have greater endurance.
But in real terms, you will never 'wear it out'. Either of them. Or even an 860 EVO.

For your future plan, though: "I only plan to migrate the OS from my 2tb WD Black hdd and install a few adobe programs on it. "
You can't migrate 'only the OS'.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
I use 960 and 970 EVO's for my OS and my priority software.
https://www.compuram.de/blog/en/the-life-span-of-a-ssd-how-long-does-it-last-and-what-can-be-done-to-take-care/
Great info here ^
The life span of an SSD – how long does it last and what can be done to take care?

USAFRet

Titan
Generally, larger drives have greater endurance.
But in real terms, you will never 'wear it out'. Either of them. Or even an 860 EVO.

For your future plan, though: "I only plan to migrate the OS from my 2tb WD Black hdd and install a few adobe programs on it. "
You can't migrate 'only the OS'.

Solution