So I'm looking for a 1TB NVMe drive and I narrowed it down to these because rest are either too high priced, bad service brands where I live, or QLC.

The A2000 is $130, Blue is $128, 970 is $155

Im leaning toward the Samsung because I already have 3 Samsung SSDs, (the m.2 860 I'll probably sell to someone in a while) and I love the software and reliability. But is it worth the extra $25? And I'm getting mixed responses on which one of these is actually faster. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

PS: Kingston KC2000/2500 is not available here. And PCIe 4 SSDs are very expensive. The 980 Pro 500GB is the same as the mentioned 970 1TB - $155

PS: It is NOT the 970 Evo PLUS, it is the 970 Evo

Solution
Even if the Samsung drive is not the Evo Plus, it's still miles above anything the WD and Kingston drives are. My vote is for the Samsung drive. Also, make sure your BIOS is updated on the motherboard before you drop in the 970 Evo.

If you want ease of mind, get the Samsung drive since they're reliable and their firmware/app/delivery are amazing, as opposed to the other drives that are practically hit or miss. Yes the other drives work out of the box but Samsung's are built to a better pedigree.

Lutfij

Titan
Even if the Samsung drive is not the Evo Plus, it's still miles above anything the WD and Kingston drives are. My vote is for the Samsung drive. Also, make sure your BIOS is updated on the motherboard before you drop in the 970 Evo.

If you want ease of mind, get the Samsung drive since they're reliable and their firmware/app/delivery are amazing, as opposed to the other drives that are practically hit or miss. Yes the other drives work out of the box but Samsung's are built to a better pedigree.

Solution

I have a B550 Aorus Pro AC. Do I really need to update the BIOS? It's just PCIe 3.0 drive right?It's running on the stock bios version

One more question, what if I wanna move the OS to the NVMe instead of the 2.5" 500GB in my signature? Do I just unplug the other drives, plug in the NVMe, install windows on that through a pen drive then format the 2.5" 500?