Question 970 evoplus M.2 not working for Windows boot

Aug 17, 2019
I'll keep it short.

I'm using a x470 - F motherboard.
Just bought a 970 nvme m.2.
I've looked at every video and thread but nothing works. I've tried every BIOS setting but cannot make this work. I have gone through the steps of installing Windows on the m.2 but after the install "finishes," my computer boots back up but will not launch from the m.2. I switch the boot options so that the m.2 is first but I get a black screen that says "insert bootable drive" sometimes my m.2 doesn't even show up in bios. Please help.

Aug 17, 2019
which m.2 port did you use? try the other one?
remove other ssd/hdd when you install windows.

I've tried both slots. I've taken out all other drives. Windows "installs" on my m.2. bit when I enter bios for the boot order, I set the m 2 as first and when it boots I get the black screen with the enter bootable device

popatim

Titan
Leave the M2 as the boot drive, stickthe flash drive in and when you boot up there is an F-key option to select the boot device (or boot override) that appears at the same time as the option to enter the bios is displayed. Press that and select your flash drive. If you see a UEFI: xxx listing for your flashdrive then select that one. Hopefully that works for you. The way I interpretted what you did, windows wrote the boot files right back on the flash drive.

Aug 17, 2019
Leave the M2 as the boot drive, stickthe flash drive in and when you boot up there is an F-key option to select the boot device (or boot override) that appears at the same time as the option to enter the bios is displayed. Press that and select your flash drive. If you see a UEFI: xxx listing for your flashdrive then select that one. Hopefully that works for you. The way I interpretted what you did, windows wrote the boot files right back on the flash drive.

For me, the only options are F2 and escape. No others listed. Is there any other way to just set the m.2 as first boot, load in and select the m.2 for Windows install and have it actually boot up with windows? I've seen people do it with no problem but my drive disappears after the windows install. I have to clean the ssd and restart just to get it to show in bios again

TRENDING THREADS