970 overclock help

TinTin700

Reputable
May 22, 2015
I overclocked my MSI GTX 970 with afterburner core clock +200 and memory +220 and ran valley and did benchmark and it was fine but then 10 minutes later while on desktop windows says my gpu driver failed and then was recovered so what should I do now?

Solution
Sometimes high overclocks require you to raise voltages. It is recommended you get an overclock where you don't have to increase the voltages. Otherwise if you want the highest OC voltages will need to increase. When overclocking I strongly suggest you increase your clock speed in intervals of 10-15 MHz this way it will be easier to correct problems or underclock if need be.

mrhippo900

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2013
Sometimes high overclocks require you to raise voltages. It is recommended you get an overclock where you don't have to increase the voltages. Otherwise if you want the highest OC voltages will need to increase. When overclocking I strongly suggest you increase your clock speed in intervals of 10-15 MHz this way it will be easier to correct problems or underclock if need be.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS