970 sli idle temp issue, please help

jacksonsmithpc

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I'm running 2 asus gtx 970's in sli, had them for 7 to 8 months maybe. no issues up until now I've noticed they're BOTH running around 50 - 60 degrees while idle. and about the same when playing games. I believe its to do with a virus or some background app although I've ran both malbytes and windows defender scans a number of times and found nothing... any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm rather anal about my temps

OK, you got a miner, install gpu-z or any videocard monitoring software like msi afterburner and see the usage of your card, if you are not doing anything but still getting 80-100% utilization then you got a miner. How to delete the miner, open task manager and order the processes by cpu usage, usually it is the first one but better posta screen shot here and we will tell you which it is, after identifying teh miner right click on the process, open location then end teh process from the task manager and then delete the entire folder you opened earlier. Now in task schedular search for the process by location and delete the entry.

"at load also they are same?
as if its old you should clean your case remove the GPU clean its heat sinks and rechange the Thermal Paste that would help a lot"

Your suggestion makes no sense because if it was dust load and idle temp were not teh same, if the idle was 60 then load should be over 90 degrees if it was dust or old thermal paste.

What model cards ??

Some of the 970s had a zero fan profile at low loads mate.

Check GPU usage with afterburner when you're idling on desktop.

If its not showing usage then its not a mining virus.