[SOLVED] 9700k High CPU usage and runs at 0.8GHz ONLY in CoD Warzone and CoD Cold War

klardog

Reputable
Mar 12, 2017
Hello there
Back a few months ago, both Call of Duty titles became unplayable and I didn't know why. After using CPUID Hardware Monitor, I found that while running both Call of Duty Warzone and Call of Duty Cold War, my CPU's speed would drop from 4.6 GHz to 0.8 GHz every time. I ran tests on other games in my library and found that none of them drop my processing speed to 0.8 GHz, only Call of Duty. I've read on some forums that due to the lack of hyperthreading in the 9700k, the processor won't work with the new updates to both CoD titles. If this is true, do I really have to go buy a 9900k just o play Call of Duty, or is there a setting in the BIOS I'm missing, etc.. PLEASE HELP!!!

PC Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
Intel Core i7-9700k Procesor
Corsair H150i Pro XT CPU AIO
32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200
MSI Geforce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio Graphics Card

Solution
Are you running MSI Dragon Center? This is a common problem. The turbo power limits are being set to 0 watts which results in severe power limit throttling. Try uninstalling Dragon Center and see if this problem goes away.

You can also install ThrottleStop, click on the TPL button and lock your turbo power limits before you run any game. Setting and locking the turbo power limits to their maximum value, 4095 should solve this issue. This is definitely not a hyperthreading problem.

uoKZUF5.png

ThrottleStop 9.3
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/
Are you running MSI Dragon Center? This is a common problem. The turbo power limits are being set to 0 watts which results in severe power limit throttling. Try uninstalling Dragon Center and see if this problem goes away.

You can also install ThrottleStop, click on the TPL button and lock your turbo power limits before you run any game. Setting and locking the turbo power limits to their maximum value, 4095 should solve this issue. This is definitely not a hyperthreading problem.

uoKZUF5.png

ThrottleStop 9.3
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

Solution