Question 980 HoF FAN QUESTION

Jun 6, 2020
Hello, I’ve been testing my graphic card in those Days and I’ve seen that the temperature are too high for this model (76/80 degrees even when the load is below 100%). So I checked the fan and I’ve noticed that one fan (the one on the right) wasn’t spinning at all, even if fan speed is set to 100%. Initially I thought it was broken , but than I tried pressing the button near the output ports (every HoF gpu has a button that makes the fans spin at 100% until you press it again) and all fans started spinning at 100%, even the one that wasn’t spinning at all before. Do you know how to fix this issue ? It doesn’t look like something is broken otherwise the fan wouldn’t spin. (I’ve seen online that I’m not the only one that has this problem). Thank you all in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Last time I checked the button also performs an overclock which would explain why the fan profile is ramped up. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

That would help a little in your troubleshooting process. What are your ambient room air temps? Old GPU's like yours might've been subjected to mining which can and will degrade the GPU's performance as well as leave them running a little hotter than usual.

Reactions: Nottwenox
Jun 6, 2020
Last time I checked the button also performs an overclock which would explain why the fan profile is ramped up. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

That would help a little in your troubleshooting process. What are your ambient room air temps? Old GPU's like yours might've been subjected to mining which can and will degrade the GPU's performance as well as leave them running a little hotter than usual.
Thank you for your reply, it has never been used for mining (I can tell you this because I’ve bought it from my cousin that bought it NEW on July 2017 on amazon and he hasn’t never done it, just causal gaming). This said the bad temperatures are caused because the gpu always run with 2 fans instead of 3. I used the button just to check if the fan was really broken and it is still alive; but it just starts spinning when I press the button and NOT if set fans at 100% with MSI afterburner; so I was wondering if it could be something like a bios issue or something like that. Btw my configuration is composed from: R7 2700 msi b450m mortar titanium, 8GB ram adata rgb,RM850X white , 1TB hdd, Windows 10 64 bit