980 TI SLI, BSOD can't upgrade drivers WIN 10

May 12, 2018
Hey guys,

I know you have probably got this question a million times, I've been reading a lot throughout the site but can't find somebody that had quite exactly the same problem that I have.

This is the thing. I got 2 980 TI working on SLI. When I use the cards by themselves separately they work fine, the thing is that when I enable SLI through the NVIDIA control panel, at random points after I am using it just gives me BSOD and crashes. These are the different problems that happens after it crashes:

- It crashes my whole nvidia drivers not recognizing any video card
- It stops recognizing whichever is the second card.
- It recognizes both but stops displaying my second monitor.

I have tried re installing the drivers but it has no effect at all. Now I am facing a new problem with the drivers, whenever I am installing the latest version through Geforce Experience, it installs well but after I restart the PC, the PC just crashes before it executes the restart. Then when I turn it on again, it falls back to the old version of the drivers it had. So the newest version is never installed.

Now, when it recognizes both cards and its working fine, there is no breaking point for the crashes, sometimes it happens if the computer is idle without any apps working and sometimes it happens after 3 days of using, or after a couple hours. When it works, it works fine, the load is being distributed between the two cards and the fans are working fine.

This is my setup:

- i7 7700K
- x2 EVGA 980ti SC Classified
- EVGA Supernova 1000w G1
- Gigabyte AORUS GA-Z270X K7
- Windows 10

Do you guys have any idea on what could possible be going on? Have any of you experienced something like this? Anything I could try to fix this? I am really frustrated at this point, I've been dealing with this issue for the past couple months until I gave up and I ended up using only 1 of the cards, I have even considered selling both of them and upgrading to a 1080ti, but the thing is that I've read that the new gen is soon to be released and prices on the 1080ti could drop after that. I don't know if it would be wise to change the graphics card at this point and then finding out that the price dropped 200$ in a couple months.

Thank you so much for helping me out guys! You guys are awesome!!

Solution
Considering a price drop of 200 dollars might be too much optimitic plus !080ti is in a league of it own ... anyways getting to ur problem ur system configuration seems not be the problem .. Might be ur os creating the issues .. HAve u tried reinstalling the OS .. And just for the record try to INstall windows 7 pro for the go just to see if provides better compatibility or not !

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018
Considering a price drop of 200 dollars might be too much optimitic plus !080ti is in a league of it own ... anyways getting to ur problem ur system configuration seems not be the problem .. Might be ur os creating the issues .. HAve u tried reinstalling the OS .. And just for the record try to INstall windows 7 pro for the go just to see if provides better compatibility or not !

Solution