9800 pro or 9600XT

How much better is a 9800 pro than a 9600 XT?

Dino

for the price you are better off with the 9800 Pro..I have an 9600XT and
wished I had waited for the price drop...in Canada they are the same price
and the 9800 Pro is a faster card

9800 pro all the way. I have both and the 9800pro kits the 9600 xt ass
"BF" <bfor@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> How much better is a 9800 pro than a 9600 XT?

"BF" <bfor@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> How much better is a 9800 pro than a 9600 XT?

To give you an idea, a relative of mine recently built a new computer
and he is not much of a gamer. He maybe has two or three games
installed on his computer at any given time and doesn't spend a lot of
time playing them. Yet, when he saw the benchmark differences between
the 9600XT and 9800 Pro, he refused any notion of buying the 9600XT and
insisted on getting the 9800 Pro. He's very happy with it!

Usually around $50 more for the 9800pro CDN but well worth it. If you want
to save $ get the 9600pro, if you wantr performance get the 9800pro.
mike