9800 pro vs Windows Server 2003

asdf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002

Which driver should I use for windows server 2003?

The ATI website says the latest catalyst driver is for win 2000 and XP
but no mention of server 2003. I tried to install it and it seems to
partially install, but the ati control panel won't install.

The PC is a Dell dimension 8300. On intiially installing the OS it was
ok and the control panel installed ok previously, but on upgrading the
driver now I can't install it.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Les

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

<asdf@asdf.com> wrote in message
> Which driver should I use for windows server 2003?
>
> The ATI website says the latest catalyst driver is for win 2000 and XP
> but no mention of server 2003. I tried to install it and it seems to
> partially install, but the ati control panel won't install.
>
> The PC is a Dell dimension 8300. On intiially installing the OS it was
> ok and the control panel installed ok previously, but on upgrading the
> driver now I can't install it.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Les
http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4227.html

asdf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002

I worked this out. The hardware acceleration slider gets set to low
after installing the driver/control panel. After mofing it to full and
then rebooting, everything works fine

Les