9800XT first timer. Any help?

Hi guys,

Just bought an Asus 9800XT after a series of nVidia cards and was wondering
if there was any advice you could offer me? I'm installing it this weekend,
so any useful hints or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

> Hi guys,
>
> Just bought an Asus 9800XT after a series of nVidia cards and was
wondering
> if there was any advice you could offer me? I'm installing it this
weekend,
> so any useful hints or tips would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Completely uninstall any previous Nvidia graphic drivers using Add/Remove.
I use a good registry tool like jv16 Power Tools( http://www.jv16.org/ ) to
do a thorough search for any Nvidia related files.. Careful if you have
nForce or something..you could easily delete files that are necessary.
I believe there are specific tols for cleaning out old drivers. I'm sure
somebody will provide a link to those utils.

After that it's just a case of correctly inserting the new card..connecting
the power to a spare molex connector...booting up and installing the lates
ATI Catalyst drivers.
Good luck.

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:15:05 GMT, Vormulac
<tristanluscombe@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>Just bought an Asus 9800XT after a series of nVidia cards and was wondering
>if there was any advice you could offer me? I'm installing it this weekend,
>so any useful hints or tips would be appreciated.

REmove Nvidia drivers...

How much was it? The X800Pro cost less and easily faster...

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- Fahrenheit 9/11 - Unless you see it for yourself, don't call it "a bunch of lies"... that would be unAmerican.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist.
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.