Question 980Ti can hardly run games at 1080p lowest settings

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 26, 2021
So I just upgraded most of my system, except for my 980Ti and now know it's the reason I have to play on the absolute lowest settings 1080p. Apex and CoD MW both on lowest settings give me between 20-40 fps, among many others, but certain games like Valorant give me 60 at 4k. I've done a full fresh driver install, changed motherboard, changed connectors, nothing helps. I just want to know what's causing this issue so I know if I need to spend the money on a new GPU or not.

Specs:
GPU - Asus Strix 980Ti
CPU - i7 10700k
Ram - 64GB G.Skill Ripjaw 4 2400
MOBO - Asus Prime z490-A

Any help would be very appreciated.

Jan 26, 2021
You need to reinstall windows not reset it.
So save all your data and start over.
The 980ti is still plenty for 1080p gaming
I both reset and reinstalled windows, a day after each other. This, as I am realizing now, has been an issue with this card since the day I bought it. I always thought it was my Xeon processor bottlenecking but that isn't it, I've upgraded processors, MOBO, HDD to SSD, and ram.

She's gone bois. Started crashing every program, even task manager. Had to buy a prebu....a preb.......pre..built..still won't get here for another month or two but, I need a computer I'm a 3D artist. Gonna try flashing the bios like kamenrusev suggested and then baking it. Also, fun fact, turns out the reason I got certain games like Valorant to play at 4k was, you hardly need a GPU to run it in the first place. A+ to Riot because Valorant and League are the only 2 3D games I've found I can run on just my CPU. Good frames too. Thanks everyone.
Have you tried underclocking it a bit? If the card is unstable, lowering its clocks might keep it at least usable for a while.