980TI SLI running CSGO at shit fps.....

Explicy

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
Now I dont want all the people who dont know how this game works telling me that 120fps-200fps is good for CSGO, as an amateur player I have a 144hz monitor and when first playing with my setup I would get 400-500fps. Why is the game no longer running it at what I used to get? I run at 1280x960 4:3 Stretched, with all settings at low. The only problem with my computer is that one time i tried to put a ram stick upside down and forced it, so my computer says i have 32gb but when i check CPUID it says only 3 slots are in it doesnt show a fourth, so im not sure if ever since that problem has bottlenecked my whole computer or if i should reformat or something because 160fps tears too much and sometimes it will go down to 110fps and on a 144hz monitor especially on CSGO it can take a big toll when it comes to playing. So to who ever knows stuff about this please help thanks, currently I am going to try wiping Drivers with DDU and re installing.

Solution
Yeah you can boot from USB or a CD. It is the only way to test your memory. I would start there since you said only 3 sticks are showing up. This indicates something is wrong with your memory and or settings.

Explicy

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
4790k @4.7ghz
32gb ballistix tactical tracer ram 1600mhz stock clocked
2 msi 980ti stock clocked
msi gaming 5 mobo
antec 850w psu
swifttech 360mm liquid cooler
cosair 760t case

iamacow

Admirable
Sounds like you busted a Dimm slot and now your ram is running in single channel instead of dual. It also is probably running your memory at the lowest possible settings like 1333mhz CAS11.

I would take out 2 of the sticks (the one bad one and the matching slot for the other). Than you will have dual channel.

See if that fixes it.

You can also see if you have ram issues by downloading and running Memest86. It test the memory to make sure its good.

Explicy

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
i dont know how to use memest86 its like an os or what it wants me to boot of a usb

iamacow

Admirable
Yeah you can boot from USB or a CD. It is the only way to test your memory. I would start there since you said only 3 sticks are showing up. This indicates something is wrong with your memory and or settings.

Solution