[SOLVED] 980ti vs 3080 vs 2080ti

budy86

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
im running a water cooled 980ti on a 4770k (I think that's the CPU im running, cant remember im away at work)
on a asus formula VII board. 2k screen at 144hz. (I want to keep everything water cooled)

its time to upgrade my graphics, i pre ordered the 3080 but have cancelled my order due to wait times.
Should i just go a 2080ti as i dont have the PCI 4 slot only PCI 3, and possible cpu bottlenecks.. or should i just wait out for the 3080 to be available?

thanks

Solution
depends on your screen and prices.

PCI4 doesn't really make much of a difference for these cards. your CPU may bottleneck though.
if you get a 2080Ti for a decent price and need a new GPU right now, it's a good bet. but I wouldn't pay 800$ for it. The 3080 will be available soon enough. If you can wait for another month or two (and how knows, maybe Big Navi is all we ever dreamed of) I'd say that's the smarter buy. but it kinda depends on what price you get on a 2080Ti
depends on your screen and prices.

PCI4 doesn't really make much of a difference for these cards. your CPU may bottleneck though.
if you get a 2080Ti for a decent price and need a new GPU right now, it's a good bet. but I wouldn't pay 800$ for it. The 3080 will be available soon enough. If you can wait for another month or two (and how knows, maybe Big Navi is all we ever dreamed of) I'd say that's the smarter buy. but it kinda depends on what price you get on a 2080Ti

Solution