Question 99% FPS always low and FPS drop ?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Check to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. I can't see Asus's support page for your laptop since it's refusing to load(perhaps due to site maintenance). You state being on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? As for your platform, might want to use DDU to remove your platform's GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU driver using the latest sourced from Nvidia's support site. When installing, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator.

See if that alleviates the issue.

Reactions: titanayoub
Jul 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Check to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. I can't see Asus's support page for your laptop since it's refusing to load(perhaps due to site maintenance). You state being on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? As for your platform, might want to use DDU to remove your platform's GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU driver using the latest sourced from Nvidia's support site. When installing, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator.

See if that alleviates the issue.
thanks for your response
this is the link of drivers on asus support page ASUS X571|Laptops For Home|ASUS Global
i found two choices and i dont know which one i should use

update: i found that i have bios version 311 (the latest one in asus support page) so i guess i dont have to update it.

and im using windows 10 home single language version 21H2

and do you have by any chance a tutorial how to use DDU to remove platform GPU drivers?

thank you in advance

Last edited:

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Causes to this particular problem is difficult to pinpoint, as there can be numerous and multiple variables causing this to happen.

A few years ago, I had this same issue. What solved it for me specifically, was going into my Windows power settings and changing it from Balanced, to High Performance.
Balanced can change the voltage and in turn, the clock speed of some of your hardware, which can cause performance spikes.

Overclocking can do this too, whether it is custom overclocking, or for example, Intel's turbo boost. If you do custom overclocking, I'd either make sure you did it right or turn it off.
If your cpu has some sort of turbo feature (factory overclocking), try turning this off too, if your issue persists after the power management change.

If all this fails to remedy the issue, try temporarily turning off your anti-virus program and Windows Game Mode, to see if that is causing the issue. If that doesn't work either, you'd have to dig into this a little further.