Question 99% Memory Usage after I installed/removed Google Play Games on PC

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
A few days ago, I installed Google Play Games on PC (an emulator to run mobile games, currently on Beta) and noticed my pc slowed done considerably. The application uses Hyper-v and I noticed very high memory usage. I uninstalled it today and disabled hyper-v but still my systems boots with 95%+ memory usage whenever I start my computer. When I check the task manager, there isnt even any programs that uses my ram so I believe some of my ram is still reserved for a virtual machine or something.

Is there any way to fix/see what the problem is ?

D5UUphV.png

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
Use the bluestacks emulator ... its the best and on the right hand edge their is a power save option
yeah I have enough knowledge about emulators but that is not the problem. I just wanted to try google play games since I got an invite and it just destroyed my system. It is always 99% memory usage and I cant do anything

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
If I switch to percent values, it shows 500mb of chrome usage as 40% so something is definetely wrong. That means it shows my memory as 2gb

jYi68IK.png

Note that in the "Processes tab", it reports a memory usage value that while technically correct, is a lower number than what the percentage reports.

If closing Chrome frees up memory and opening it again makes it suddenly shoot back up, I suggest completely uninstalling Chrome, including making sure where it's installed (see https://techdows.com/2009/02/how-to-find-location-of-google-chrome.html) is removed completely. Then reinstall it and see if the problem goes away. My guess is there's a rogue extension installed.

As a sanity check, see if another browser is fine.

Reactions: PEnns

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
Note that in the "Processes tab", it reports a memory usage value that while technically correct, is a lower number than what the percentage reports.

If closing Chrome frees up memory and opening it again makes it suddenly shoot back up, I suggest completely uninstalling Chrome, including making sure where it's installed (see https://techdows.com/2009/02/how-to-find-location-of-google-chrome.html) is removed completely. Then reinstall it and see if the problem goes away. My guess is there's a rogue extension installed.

As a sanity check, see if another browser is fine.
Even if I close chrome, the memory usage is still there. I'm 99% sure that google play games created a vm (using hyper-v) and dedicated some of my ram to it and it is still being used by it even after I uninstalled. If you check the last image I posted, it shows the usage values in percentages and 500mb (40%) means nearly 14gb of my ram is reserved/in use somewhere that doesnt show on the task manager

wrGe4eP.png

TRENDING THREADS