990 FXA-GD80 BIOS >ROM download link please

judahg460

Commendable
Aug 3, 2018
Hi, I thought it was a good idea to try CTRL, ALT, DEL while bios updating and when my pc froze
i thought it would be an even better idea to shut down the pc (CRINGE). Well now my bios is dead and the bios update from msi is an .exe. I just need like a dropbox link to a 990 FXA-GD80 BIOS .rom file. Thanks!

judahg460

Commendable
Aug 3, 2018
But this is the exe file i already have. When i put it on the usb then into a usb 2.0 slot and turn on, it will do a cycle of numbers then stop a F2, which means recovery process started. Then nothing else happens until i shut it off an hour later. I have already tried resetting the board via coin battery. I saw a thread exactly like this, but the guy gave a link to a .rom file. The reason i am here is because that link gave me a 404. So i need a .rom version of my mobos BIOS, or a file type that will work.

judahg460

Commendable
Aug 3, 2018
Well can someone save a copy of their bios straight from their motherboard and give me a drop box link. And if someone has fixed this before it can be done again.

You sure you didn't brick your board homie? Nothing you can do besides buying a new bios chip, assuming it's not soldered to the board.

judahg460

Commendable
Aug 3, 2018
well, i am still getting post codes like F2 so its trying to recover the bios from the usb i just need the right file to put on. And even if the board is bricked is there any other way? I know my bios chip is sautered to the board. Other people have done this before. I have seen other forum post of people fixing this. I just get 404s from their links.