Question 9900K 5.4 ghz question

Status
Not open for further replies.

icyulkn

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
I was able to get my 9900k to a stable 5.3 GHZ @ 86 C on RealBench with an Auros Master, which makes me think I have some room to spare for 5.4 GHZ. I'm able to do daily tasks and gaming without interruption with the below @ 5.4

My settings are:
CPU v.core 1.430
vcore calibration @ UltraExtreme (Last out of 8 in hierarchy)
hyperthreading off
CPU internal ac/dc load line to Performance
Enhanced Multi-Core Performance On

I have run both InterBurn and RealBench in 5.4 but they freeze along with my mouse cursor in the beginning for about 7-10 seconds and then goes to blue screen. I have upped the voltage numerous times but mainly get the screen freeze. What am I missing to get this baby stable?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What can I say about them?
🤣
Are they saying ALL 9900Ks can hit X frequency regardless of settings? That there's a varying 'golden' set of settings for each 9900K to hit 5.4ghz?
True, to some extent. But you're at the point where you likely need better cooling over the motherboard's VRMs or the processor die - if you're not already doing direct die cooling, or you may burn something out.

Silicon lottery exists. It's the reason User A's cpu is capable of at max, 5.2ghz, User B's can do 5.4ghz, and User C's can do 4.9ghz, User D's can do 5.3ghz, and so on.

Reactions: drivinfast247

icyulkn

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
I could link to a direct forum but I don't think the moderators would like me to do that. I am pleased I might have a "lucky" chip. I took his meaning the 9900k couldn't do it at all.

I was able to get my 9900k to a stable 5.3 GHZ @ 86 C on RealBench with an Auros Master, which makes me think I have some room to spare for 5.4 GHZ. I'm able to do daily tasks and gaming without interruption with the below @ 5.4

My settings are:
CPU v.core 1.430
vcore calibration @ UltraExtreme (Last out of 8 in hierarchy)
hyperthreading off
CPU internal ac/dc load line to Performance
Enhanced Multi-Core Performance On

I have run both InterBurn and RealBench in 5.4 but they freeze along with my mouse cursor in the beginning for about 7-10 seconds and then goes to blue screen. I have upped the voltage numerous times but mainly get the screen freeze. What am I missing to get this baby stable?
Higher than 1.43V 86C?? Are you trying to kill it? Even 1.43V is too much and will degrade your chip with time. Your OC won't be stable anymore by then.
You will need a chiller or even LN2 for 5.4+Ghz. The max stable watercooling 9900K I have seen is 5.3Ghz. What will that 100Mhz give you? 1 fps?

icyulkn

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
Higher than 1.43V 86C?? Are you trying to kill it? Even 1.43V is too much and will degrade your chip with time. Your OC won't be stable anymore by then.
You will need a chiller or even LN2 for 5.4+Ghz. The max stable watercooling 9900K I have seen is 5.3Ghz. What will that 100Mhz give you? 1 fps?
I can't write here what it will give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.