[SOLVED] 9900k + GIGABYTE’s Aorus Master

Feb 3, 2019
So I’ve reached a point in assembling my new PC with my old Seasonic SS-1000XP Platinum psu that i didn’t think I had to replace because of its quality , issue I’ve run into now , this Z390 board has 2 8 pin connectors at the top for cpu power , and my psu only has one socket for cpu output and another socket that says PCIe / cpu but it doesn’t take a cpu cable in that but still a PCIe , since it’s a 12 pin in the psu and not a 8 pin , a little confused and wondering if I should go out and buy the new EVGA supernova p2 v2 that I know has 2 8 pin connectors for the cpu , I do plan on OC’ing the cpu but not beyond 5ghz , if I can hit that I’ll be satisfied, I have a corsair h115i pro for the task in push pull configuration and plenty of other fans in the tower to move air around.

Solution
...and your question is? I don't see a question mark in your thread's body.

To note, if your PSU doesn't have the necessary connectors for your intended system, it doesn't belong in that system. On that note, I'd either change the board to something that has one 8pin EPS or change the PSU to something that has two 8pin EPS outputs. It's also not stated in your motherboard manual, which 8pin EPS can be left inspite of being marked ATX_12V_2X4_1/ATX_12V_2X4_2, page 27.

Moved thread from CPUs to Systems.

Lutfij

Titan
...and your question is? I don't see a question mark in your thread's body.

To note, if your PSU doesn't have the necessary connectors for your intended system, it doesn't belong in that system. On that note, I'd either change the board to something that has one 8pin EPS or change the PSU to something that has two 8pin EPS outputs. It's also not stated in your motherboard manual, which 8pin EPS can be left inspite of being marked ATX_12V_2X4_1/ATX_12V_2X4_2, page 27.

Moved thread from CPUs to Systems.

Solution

Here's an option: https://www.amazon.com/4-Pin-Molex-EPS-12V-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00OSR3V84