Question 9900K possible damage after brief overheat?

I recently replaced both my CPU, Motherboard, CPU waterblock and Pump/Reservoir.

After I installed everything I made the mistake of not running/pre-filling the custom water loop (I forgot to use the 24 pin motherboard jumper to just run power to the pump to pre-fill the tubing with water)

Unfortunately, it took me a while to realize that as I tried to figure out what's wrong I turned the system on/off a couple times.

Then finally I noticed on the AMI screen warning me of "CPU Over Temparature Error" so I freaked out immediately and turned it off by hitting the PSU switch.

Once I finally realized my mistake I properly filled the loop and boot up the system normally while hoping and praying I didn't just permanently damaged my new CPU.

I've been running the system for couple hours now and task manager seems to be reflecting all cores/threads. I also took a HWMonitor screenshot below to ask if these numbers under load are normal? Thank you in advance.

psuS1rW.png

I would also add that the CPU protections are very good now and will automatically throttle the CPU or just shut down when it reaches a critical temp so fingers crossed you should be okay.

Do some stability tests with the likes of AIDA64 Extreme (the system stability test) and run it for a good 20 to 30 minutes and check for stability and temps. Of course you can run it for a lot longer but if you can pass 30 minutes with everything running normally then you should be okay...

Reactions: Rdslw
I would also add that the CPU protections are very good now and will automatically throttle the CPU or just shut down when it reaches a critical temp so fingers crossed you should be okay.

Do some stability tests with the likes of AIDA64 Extreme (the system stability test) and run it for a good 20 to 30 minutes and check for stability and temps. Of course you can run it for a lot longer but if you can pass 30 minutes with everything running normally then you should be okay...

I agree that its very hard to damage the cpu.
my friend had almost same thing with 2600 ryzen & air, rock 3 cooler was started without screws lying on the back, and powered on was so big that had enough mounting pressure for bios. I think it turned off by itself, while he turned it from lying to standing position, and cooller ended on his feets (solid bruise btw).
We just let it be for an hour or so, finished the mount, and it seems to be fine for few months at least now.

dont panic, finish the build, boot to bios and check temps & voltages.
if its looks good, then do windows thing and benchmark.
any damage will result in lower clocks, if you are fine then clocks & stability will be fine.