Question 9900kf 88c after 10mins in Cinebench

Jul 24, 2021
Hello, I'm just wondering if these temps I'm experiencing are normal. I'm running a 9900kf at 4.8ghz with no avx offset at 1.26v, I was going to see if I could get to 4.9 but these temps are a lot higher than I expected. I'm cooling it with a dark rock pro 4, the case I'm currently using is a phantels p400a with the stock 3 intake fans and 2 added exhaust (rear and top).

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I would say that's normal.

FYI, at least one of those 2 top fans isn't needed; it's pulling SOME air away before it can get to the cooler.
Having both up there is to the benefit to the gpu below. It's not enough for the gpu to have one up there; you need 2 or more. This doesn't matter if the gpu is a turbo, or blower model though, since it's dumping its heat right out the back.
Up to you whether to prioritize cpu cooling, or gpu.
Also, no AVX offset demands higher power consumption from the cpu whenever AVX does kick in. Cinebench doesn't use AVX as far as I know; I've never seen the cpu cores clock down even when using an offset.

EDIT: What I crossed through wasn't true. Turns out, my motherboard has been lying to me.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021
I would say that's normal.

FYI, at least one of those 2 top fans isn't needed; it's pulling SOME air away before it can get to the cooler.
Having both up there is to the benefit to the gpu below. It's not enough for the gpu to have one up there; you need 2 or more. This doesn't matter if the gpu is a turbo, or blower model though, since it's dumping its heat right out the back.
Up to you whether to prioritize cpu cooling, or gpu.
Also, no AVX offset demands higher power consumption from the cpu whenever AVX does kick in. Cinebench doesn't use AVX as far as I know; I've never seen the cpu cores clock down even when using an offset.
I might add an avx offset hit then I may aswell go back to stock 4.7ghz. I guess this chip is just a lot hotter than I anticipated. I only have one top exhaust directly above the cpu and one directly behind it, I might try and change the top one to intake but I'm not sure if would do anything, thanks for the response.