[SOLVED] 990fx r2 brown sata3 ports detected as sata2

Jan 31, 2020
Hi all, i have a sabertooth 990fx r2, i have 3 drives connected to it(ssd samsung 850 evo, ssd 860 evo and a western digital black), all of which supports sata3, the mother has 8 sata3 ports (6 native sata3 brown and 2 asmedia sata3 grey or white). All sata ports are configured as ahci on the bios settings. When i connect any drive in the brown ports samsung magician detects the connection as sata2, only the asmedia ports(grey ports) are detected as sata3. But the specifications of the mother says that all 8 sata ports are sata3. i don't know what could be the problem. thanks for any reply.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently working with for your motherboard? The latest BIOS version on Asus's site is 2901. Make sure you've reinstalled your chipset drivers as well.

Also, which version of Windows 10 are you running?

Jan 31, 2020
Thank you for the reply! bios version is 2.10.1208, i'm running windows 10 pro version 1909 compilation 18363.592, i thought that updating the bios maybe it could solve the issue, but i didn't. i'm afraid that something could go wrong in the process. in regards to the chipet drivers i also thought about it but i didn't find the drivers in the asus website. the only drivers that appear for sata are the asmedia.