Question A 300€ PC for uni?

Ley

Honorable
May 1, 2016
Hello, I'd like to buy a laptop for studying, budget's around 300€. I'm about to get a Thinkpad, but on their website they're really expensive and I don't know if it's a good idea to buy a refurbished laptop on Amazon.
I just need one for Word and some internet stuff, like Reddit and Youtube.
I live in France, so if you could get some links on Amazon FR, grosbill, ldlc, topachat or others if you know some.

Thank you so much!

Sagar_20

Distinguished
If you need it mainly for typing and multimedia, i guess it's a very good choice. Lenovo thinkpads are durable and have amazing keyboards but i would not advise to go for outdated models with 2nd or 3rd gen processors.

AMD A9 powered Lenovo Ideapad 330s is the only laptop that seems to fit in your budget.

Last edited:

Ley

Honorable
May 1, 2016
If you need it mainly for typing and multimedia, i guess it's a very good choice. Lenovo thinkpads are durable and have amazing keyboards but i would not advise to go for outdated models with 2nd or 3rd gen processors.

AMD A9 powered Lenovo Ideapad 330s is the only laptop that seems to fit in your budget.

Thank you so much for your reply.
I have a question though. Are Ideapads as robust as Thinkpads? And is it as easy to add RAM, change the battery or SSD?
Thank you!

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Definitely not as robust, but decent for day today work.

Buying refurbished is always a hit or miss.

Although they are properly tested, but you never know how old it really is, and how it's been used by the previous owner. There could be minor scratches as well.

In all modern laptops (14 inch or above), you can upgrade the RAM and Storage up to 12 GB and 2 TB.

That specific model though is 1366 x 768 and supports up to 8 GB RAM.

If looking for refurbished, then Lenovo Thinkpad T440 is good. More powerful and more storage.

Last edited: