Reputable
Mar 26, 2016
Lets get specs out of the way first:
MB: Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B45)
processor: i5 -8600 CPU @ 3.1 GHz, 3096Mhz, 6 cores
GPU: 2080ti
Memory 16gb
keybaord: Roccat vulcan

so here is my problem, basically as you read in the title my A and W keys don't always respond like it should, it will either when i type/do nothing or write double the letter or movement in game.
this is such a nuisance especially when playing games where it will halt me from moving mid sprint or just won't move unless i tap it a second or a third time.
i had the same issue with my previous keyboard as well, which was an old office dell keyboard.
i've tried to update both drivers to the roccat swarm and to the motherboard itself, note that the keyboard works just fine on any other PC and changing USB ports for the keyboard does nothing.
I'm not entirely sure what is causing this issue and haven't been able to find anything simular on the internet. At this point i am suspecting that there is a fault awith the motherboard but i honestly can't tell and hope some of you guys may be able to help out.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
To find a keypress that might be hampering other keys registering, you might want to try out KeyboardTester and see if you see a key not being registered or another key being depressed.

You could also try and rule out faulty/glitchy drivers on your platform by taking the keyboard over to a donor system. You could also try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your current motherboard, that you've got the latest drivers onboard as well.

Speaking of latest, which version of Windows 10 are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

Lutfij

Titan
To find a keypress that might be hampering other keys registering, you might want to try out KeyboardTester and see if you see a key not being registered or another key being depressed.

You could also try and rule out faulty/glitchy drivers on your platform by taking the keyboard over to a donor system. You could also try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your current motherboard, that you've got the latest drivers onboard as well.

Speaking of latest, which version of Windows 10 are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

Dominik5

Reputable
Mar 26, 2016
win 10 version: 10.0.18362

i've downloaded every possible driver now for my bios and system and wwill just reboot the system.

keyboard tester shows either of the keys not registering pressing it at random, for a lot of the time it'll work and then suddenly i have to still press the given button a 2nd or even a 5th time before a respond.
I'll restart pc and keep testing.

Warmuro

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2014
Did you try another keyboard on your system ?

You said your previous keyboard had the same issue, have you ever reinstalled the Windows since then ?

If you didn't reinstall the windows since the dell keyboard and this Roccat Vulcan, maybe there's a system file or registry error, even a possible malware damage (temporary damage of course)

Have you tried your keyboard on BIOS menu ? Try to type "A" and "W" keys in BIOS. Create a BIOS profile while you are in BIOS, while naming it for test purposes, press "A" and "W" rapidly to test the keys as much as you like. If the problem persists, then we'll figure out something else.

Dominik5

Reputable
Mar 26, 2016
Did you try another keyboard on your system ?

You said your previous keyboard had the same issue, have you ever reinstalled the Windows since then ?

If you didn't reinstall the windows since the dell keyboard and this Roccat Vulcan, maybe there's a system file or registry error, even a possible malware damage (temporary damage of course)

Have you tried your keyboard on BIOS menu ? Try to type "A" and "W" keys in BIOS. Create a BIOS profile while you are in BIOS, while naming it for test purposes, press "A" and "W" rapidly to test the keys as much as you like. If the problem persists, then we'll figure out something else.

I've tried several keyboards and all seem to suffer the same issue.
I have reinstalled windows quite a few times now due to a lot different BSOD incidents over the past 2 years or so, but i'm pretty sure it has been a problem since i upgraded the pc build with new MB and all that follows.

i can try that.