[SOLVED] A bit confused about this cooler

Furzumz

Reputable
Back again with a couple more dumb questions

I bought a NH-D14, this is my first tower cooler so there's a couple things I'm a bit confused about:

Should I bother using these at all? The cooler came with two of them

Second thing I'm wondering is which direction should I have the airflow going? To the front of the case or to the back? (Thats not my case, just some examples). Might also be worth mentioning someone said my 3900x is running my b350 motherboard's vrm hot and they recommended a CPU air cooler to help with that a bit instead of my old AIO...but I'm not sure which direction to face the air cooler to help with airflow in that regard.

If it matters for the second question my case fan setup is:
  • x2 120mm intake fans on the front
  • 1x 140mm exhaust on the top of the case
  • 1x 120mm rear exhaust
  • 1x 120mm side panel exhaust (might have to remove this fan to fit the cooler)

As always any and all help is greatly appreciated. Here's a cat gif for the trouble

Solution
D
Airflow should be like this. The airflow setup in the second pic is really inefficient.

You don't need to use those cables unless you want the fans to run at a lower RPM for reduced noise, but those Noctua fans aren't loud as it is, so I wouldn't use them.

Your airflow setup is fine.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Airflow should be like this. The airflow setup in the second pic is really inefficient.

You don't need to use those cables unless you want the fans to run at a lower RPM for reduced noise, but those Noctua fans aren't loud as it is, so I wouldn't use them.

Your airflow setup is fine.

Reactions: Furzumz
Solution