Question A bug got inside my monitor. Could it have damaged anything?

Dantido

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
So yesterday I was using my monitor when I noticed a moving dot. Turns out that moving dot was a small mite-like insect that got inside my display!
I immediately turned off the thing and waited a while for it to get out, and fortunately it did. However, I can't help but worry about it. Could the bug have caused any harm, like pushing something inside the display to make it blurrier breaking a seal of some sorts?
I just want to make sure. I'm really not accustomed to insects inside my screens.

USAFRet

Titan
No, it did not damage anything.

Years ago, I had the same issue.
Unfortunately, I pushed on the monitor right where he was.

He was then named Spot.
The carcass stayed there until the monitor died of other causes.

dRpOwXN.gif

Reactions: Karadjgne
So yesterday I was using my monitor when I noticed a moving dot. Turns out that moving dot was a small mite-like insect that got inside my display!
I immediately turned off the thing and waited a while for it to get out, and fortunately it did. However, I can't help but worry about it. Could the bug have caused any harm, like pushing something inside the display to make it blurrier breaking a seal of some sorts?
I just want to make sure. I'm really not accustomed to insects inside my screens.
I've had this in the summer months, no they won't damage it, but your best bet is to switch the screen off and not use it. Eventually they will find their way out, absolutely do not press on them because they will die inside the screen.

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018

I had this happen years ago, twice. both in a desktop monitor and a phone. The one in desktop monitor got out by itself (I think it was fruit fly? It was quite large around half the size of the cursor), while the one that got inside the phone.... kind of died right smack dab in the middle of the screen.

The desktop monitor still work flawlessly even today.

He was then named Spot.
The carcass stayed there until the monitor died of other causes.

At least Spot died doing what it (and other bugs) like : being showered in light.