[SOLVED] A bunch of cheap decent paste?

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hey everyone. I flip PCs and use thermal paste a lot. I’m running out of my usual Arctic stuff and need to buy a bunch more thermal paste.

Basically, do any of you have any recommendations of large amounts of decent thermal paste for cheap?
Looking for around 30-50 grams for less than $20

Lukeonuke

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
I do not recomed this to be used on pc-s but if you realy use a fu*kton then go buy some thermal tape. Its the last resort. Also try out the thermal pastes that are sold in bulk, buy a sample and test the conductivity, they are usualy garbage but there are probably good ones

(Pardon my english please)

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
I do not recomed this to be used on pc-s but if you realy use a fu*kton then go buy some thermal tape. Its the last resort. Also try out the thermal pastes that are sold in bulk, buy a sample and test the conductivity, they are usualy garbage but there are probably good ones

(Pardon my english please)
Thermal tape? I can’t say I’ve ever heard of that. If it’s not very good and only a last resort I’d really rather not buy it.

Lukeonuke

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
Thermal tape? I can’t say I’ve ever heard of that. If it’s not very good and only a last resort I’d really rather not buy it.
Its used in built in electronics like robotics control units, it has a tendency of becoming powder in like a year or two

Thermal tape
Featured snippet from the web
Thermal adhesive tapes are high performance thermal conductive acrylic foam tapes coated with a well-balanced double sided acrylic adhesive system. They are designed to provide a preferential heat transfer path between heat generating components and heat sinks or other cooling devices.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Its used in built in electronics like robotics control units, it has a tendency of becoming powder in like a year or two

Thermal tape
Featured snippet from the web
Thermal adhesive tapes are high performance thermal conductive acrylic foam tapes coated with a well-balanced double sided acrylic adhesive system. They are designed to provide a preferential heat transfer path between heat generating components and heat sinks or other cooling devices.
Didn’t you say in the first post it was bad on PCs?
I’d really rather stick to thermal paste. I’m more comfortable with it.

Reactions: Lukeonuke

WildCard999

Titan
I've used this before for some systems (it was the only stuff available at the time and I needed something ASAP). It's decent, no MX4 but far better then stuff like toothpaste.

PCPartPicker Part List
Thermal Compound: Thermaltake CL-O002-GROSGM-A 40 g Thermal Paste ($12.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $12.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-16 16:16 EDT-0400

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
I've used this before for some systems (it was the only stuff available at the time and I needed something ASAP). It's decent, no MX4 but far better then stuff like toothpaste.

PCPartPicker Part List
Thermal Compound: Thermaltake CL-O002-GROSGM-A 40 g Thermal Paste ($12.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $12.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-16 16:16 EDT-0400
Awesome thanks! I just need something that will do the trick. Nothing special as I'm pretty much out of MX-4 and Arctic Silver. Not really one to spend a bunch on thermal paste.

Hey everyone. I flip PCs and use thermal paste a lot. I’m running out of my usual Arctic stuff and need to buy a bunch more thermal paste.

Basically, do any of you have any recommendations of large amounts of decent thermal paste for cheap?
Looking for around 30-50 grams for less than $20
For non-gaming PCs the cheap Thermaltake is fine. For gaming and encoding I use Grizzly Kryonaut 11.1g for 27$ from ebay. Its the best and cheapest highest-quality thermal paste. My temps dropped 5C by switching from Arctic Silver 5 to Kryonaut.

Reactions: Insane Potatoz