Question A button no work unless holding down caps lock

Apr 7, 2020
So I have the weirdest problem I can't find a single thread that covers this , replaced two different keyboards same issue regardless

When typing letters auto erase and act as if I'm activating short cuts but I'm not and A key doesn't work at all when pressed it highlights all text only way to get a key to actually type a is to press and continue holding the caps lock while hitting the a button

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model laptop? OS?

What application(s) are you using? Does the problem occur in all apps?

Try booting into Safe Mode - determine if doing so makes a difference.

In Device Manager (Windows 10) check the keyboard drivers.

Also you can try running the built in Windows 10 Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Lastly, try "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Apr 7, 2020
hp 15 ba079dx
Windows 10

I've tried the built in trouble shooting no errors found

Yes I've tried updating drivers from Windows update to hp drivers to copying hardware id and using drivers from search results tried formatting HDD and reinstalling Windows same issue from 3 different keyboards

Apr 7, 2020
Think I found the issue my original keyboard model is pk131022a00

The sellers on eBay seem to be sending me
pk131024a00 they are selling this model keyboard under keyboards for hp 15 ba 079dx which apparently are not compatible and they are selling the wrong keyboards for my model I am beyond my 30 day return so no my question is can I change the layout to make it work it looks exactly identical as the pk131022a00 but functional different