[SOLVED] A case for the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240mm - please suggest

Mar 31, 2021
Hello, hi, any suggestions for a good case that doesn't actually look awful for about 100 to 150 dollars
I have the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240mm rad, I think it will look better top mounted but of course if there isn't any affordable case that looks nice, I'd get one that can fit it in the front.

johnsoner13

Respectable
4000D airflow?
LianLi LanCool II Mesh?
Phanteks P400A?
All of them support 240mm/280mm on top, so the rad wont look to small in it.
Lancool II mesh is the best option out of those. P400A doesn’t support ANY top mounting while the arctic liquid freezer ii will only top mount in the 4000d airflow if you have low profile ram. With the lancool ii mesh, it fits fine with my pretty tall trident z rgb
Edit: actually with the 4000d airflow and only the 240mm lf2, you are probably fine with some higher profile ram

Lancool II mesh is the best option out of those. P400A doesn’t support ANY top mounting while the arctic liquid freezer ii will only top mount in the 4000d airflow if you have low profile ram. With the lancool ii mesh, it fits fine with my pretty tall trident z rgb
"P400A doesn’t support ANY top mounting while the arctic liquid freezer ii "
Look under component breakdown.
http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P400A.html

Last edited:
P400A doesn’t support ANY top mounting
you can clearly see the radiator\fan mounting options in the top.
PH-EC400ATG_DBK-%207.jpg

Lancool II mesh is the best option out of those.
the Lian Li Lancool II is a nice case.
i almost went with one of those but the lack of 140mm mounting options in the bottom and rear of blew it for me.

Reactions: Dj0gany

johnsoner13

Respectable
you can clearly see the radiator\fan mounting options in the top.
PH-EC400ATG_DBK-%207.jpg

the Lian Li Lancool II is a nice case.
i almost went with one of those but the lack of 140mm mounting options in the bottom and rear of blew it for me.
What?
http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P400A.html
You can clearly see a top rad isn’t officially supported. Just because you can mount fans that doesnt mean you can mount a radiator and fans. Have you ever seen a radiator before? They add some thickness. Fan mounts =/= radiator support. Please take the minute and a half google search to learn before coming on here and misinforming people and possibly tricking them into buying a new case that cant do what they wanted it to do

Please take the minute and a half google search to learn before coming on here and misinforming people and possibly tricking them into buying a new case that cant do what they wanted it to do
you can see in the other images in the gallery that there is plenty of space between the ceiling and the motherboard standoff points
and that the 120mm mounting points are almost an inch from the right side of the case\motherboard mounting plate.
both providing plenty of space for your average AIO setup.

the radiator mounting more than likely isn't specified because a lot of custom loop radiators are quite a bit thicker & wider than those included in AIO setups and may not fit.

obviously you don't have much experience building systems.
so, i would return a similar recommendation;
go do some actual research rather than a generic google search before coming here and posting.

Last edited:

johnsoner13

Respectable
you can see in the other images in the gallery that there is plenty of space between the ceiling and the motherboard standoff points
and that the 120mm mounting points are almost an inch from the right side of the case\motherboard mounting plate.
both providing plenty of space for your average AIO setup.

the radiator mounting more than likely isn't specified because a lot of custom loop radiators are quite a bit thicker & wider than those included in AIO setups and may not fit.

obviously you don't have much experience building systems.
so, i would return a similar recommendation;
go do some actual research rather than a generic google search before coming here and posting.
Are you trolling? Please find me some examples of top mounted typical aios in the phanteks p400a without any modifications. Especially with the arctic liquid freezer ii, which is thicker than your average aio rad. Tomshardware (the site youre on btw, after talking to you i feel the need to specify that) reviewed the case and even stated it doesnt support top mounted rads. “ although no radiator there, as the mounting points aren’t offset enough to not conflict with the motherboard or memory.”
Are you so desperate to con the OP that you wont admit youre wrong?
“ obviously you don't have much experience building systems“ evidently more than you. Can say the same for reading

Last edited:

johnsoner13

Respectable
Hello, hi, any suggestions for a good case that doesn't actually look awful for about 100 to 150 dollars
I have the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240mm rad, I think it will look better top mounted but of course if there isn't any affordable case that looks nice, I'd get one that can fit it in the front.
In that price range I’d go lancool ii mesh or P600S. Probably P600S although it is right on the edge of your budget. It is a phenomenal case though

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
a good case that doesn't actually look awful
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for me cases with glass windows and solid fronts look just as their airflow is, absolutely terrible.
Word of advice, avoid NZXT cases unless you want to turn your PC into an oven to roast a chicken, thermals are terrible.

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
Edit: actually with the 4000d airflow and only the 240mm lf2, you are probably fine with some higher profile ram
I agree, mesh if the way to go, especially if ram becomes an issue.