[SOLVED] A case that could fit all my parts.

sharpieface

Reputable
Feb 20, 2018
Hello. I'm looking for a new case big enough that could fit all my parts nicely and not tight against one another. (i will explain)
Recently I upgraded to a EVGA 3070ti ftw3 and recieved a bundle with Lian LI Strimer Plus 24pin cable + two 8pins for the GPU.
  1. The problem is that when the two 8pins are connected they are so bulky, that closing the front pannel is impossible (LianLi at home, so used old cable for reference) imgur PIC.
  2. The 24pin cable is also so bulky (no surprise there) that I have to bend it alot for it to even fit because the hole in the case for the 24pin is too close to my motherboard imgur PIC.
  3. The motherboard parts ar blocking the top of the case where the extra fans are located. Had to improvise attaching them there imgur PIC.
I'm looking for a case big enough so my parts fit nicely and they aren't interfering one another.
Case size would be ATX or EATX, doesn't matter as long as parts fit.​
Prefer black color.​
Front panel open as a door instead of screws if possible.​
For the price im not sure what would be appropriate, opened to offers around 100-200 EUR but definitely not over 300 EUR.​
The parts that matter:
MB: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO upgrading to ROG STRIX z490-E Gaming
CPU: i5-9600k upgrading to i9-10900k
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx L240 V2
GPU: EVGA 3070ti ftw3
Fans on top: Cooler Master MasterFan MF121L RGB
Case: Kolink Case Horizon RGB Black

Cases i have been suggested or seem to be the right size:
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB​
Corsair 5000D Airflow​
Lian Li PC-O11DX Dynamic​
NZXT H710i, Matte Black​

Ask any questions if needed and any help appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
  1. The problem is that when the two 8pins are connected they are so bulky, that closing the front pannel is impossible (LianLi at home, so used old cable for reference) imgur PIC.
  2. The 24pin cable is also so bulky (no surprise there) that I have to bend it alot for it to even fit because the hole in the case for the 24pin is too close to my motherboard imgur PIC.
  3. The motherboard parts ar blocking the top of the case where the extra fans are located. Had to improvise attaching them there imgur PIC.
1. Use pcie 8pin low profile 90 angle connector

PCIE_90_Degree_Angle_Low_Profile_8-Pin_6-Pin_Connector_Extension_Cable_%282%29__47068_zoom.jpg

1. Use pcie 8pin low profile 90 angle connector

PCIE_90_Degree_Angle_Low_Profile_8-Pin_6-Pin_Connector_Extension_Cable_%282%29__47068_zoom.jpg

2. Dithch the stiff rgb extension cable.

3. Ditch top fan or replace it with slim 120mm fan (15mm thickness).

61K92Rb1XDL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Solution

sharpieface

Reputable
Feb 20, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions, will keep them in mind. But i still want to replace my current case with a bigger one. Don't want to ditch the rgb extension cables because I like how they look in cases.