A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide........

physx7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hello everyone!

I am going to go ahead and get my A+ certification. I would like a few recommendations on study material. I was looking at this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0072263113...iveASIN=0072263113&adid=0VAZQ7745MZT841HYK47&

This book was recommended to me buy some other tech. Has anyone used this book? Do you have anything else to recommend? I am not really pressed for time but I would like to get it before the end of this year.

Thanks!

~physx7

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
I have a copy of that book. Actually I saw this post and went ahead and got a copy.
Its not a bad book, pretty good size at 1150 pgs.
It contains a little bit of everything including a cd with practice questions.
My only thought is that there seem to be some areas being discussed that could use some more explanation. I havent taken the A+ but I think that in those areas there needs a little bit more depth.
I have a pretty solid understanding of computers having started in DOS days so I can see where someone really beginning to learn may not grasp some of the concepts without more info.
Having not taken the A+ I cant be sure if it is relative and what depth of knowledge is required for the test, and I cant say that the book wont be worth the cost but I dont think that it should be your only guide for taking the test.
I have learned several little details about many things from it so at 35 bucks or so it is worth it.
In the reviews posted at Amazon there was mention that the older versions of the book gave more background info.
Incidentally this version doesnt cover much about Vista and maybe the test wont either at this point, but it does cover many of the newer hardware options.

Good Luck and if you have any other questions post back or feel free to PM me to be sure that I see your questions.