A cmd like program keeps popping up and closing immediately..

cartercolby62

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
hello, i,ve been getting a really annoying popup called C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/Framework/v4.0.30319/RegAsm.exe

and it is getting really annoying.

i was able to get a screenshot of it while i finished recording a video so here it is..

file:///C:/Users/carte/Desktop/Capture.PNG

if it wont let you view it then just tell me...

but anyways please help!!!

Update: The problem is fixed, i went into task scheduler and found something called nyan and nyanp, i disabled them and the problem is fixed now. thanks for the help though!

Solution
Regasm.exe (Assembly Registration Tool) - The Assembly Registration tool reads the metadata within an assembly and adds the necessary entries to the registry, which allows COM clients to create .NET Framework classes transparently. Once a class is registered, any COM client can use it as though the class were a COM class. The class is registered only once, when the assembly is installed. Instances of classes within the assembly cannot be created from COM until they are actually registered.

thats what it is, not why its opening now?

hmmm

Have you tried running AV scans? Malware?

woinder if this will help:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Regasm.exe (Assembly Registration Tool) - The Assembly Registration tool reads the metadata within an assembly and adds the necessary entries to the registry, which allows COM clients to create .NET Framework classes transparently. Once a class is registered, any COM client can use it as though the class were a COM class. The class is registered only once, when the assembly is installed. Instances of classes within the assembly cannot be created from COM until they are actually registered.

thats what it is, not why its opening now?

hmmm

Have you tried running AV scans? Malware?

woinder if this will help:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

it might not but worth a go

Solution