Question A collection of PC issues. I think my motherboard is going out.

StutterB0B

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021
I am going to list out my issues to save everyone incase I cook up some word spaghetti.
This system has been built in the last 2.5 years with upgrades here and there when I got lucky.

CPU - i9 9900k
GPU - EVGA 3080ti FTW Ultra
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB (16 x 4)
Motherboard - MSI MPG Z390M Gaming EDGE AC

Issues:
  • Over the past couple two months I have had multiple instances of coming home from work and my desktop has turned itself on being met with a "Memory Overclock Fail" screen which is weird since I only have XMP enabled and it's never given me issues for the past year since I upgraded RAM. Oh and I live alone so unless if I have a ghost it shouldn't be doing that.
  • I have seen random black bar flashes while gaming in certain instances. I have only been able to recreate it in Cyberpunk consistently but it has happened on others. I have had random green flashes one or twice. I've heard this can be either a GPU or RAM issue.
What I have done with no success:
  • I have tried my buddies GPU and RAM but still having the same graphical issues.
  • Updated BIOS and drivers
  • Tried 3 different monitors but still having issues.
All of these issues make me think that the motherboard is the issue. Anyone have an idea??

D

Deleted member 362816

Possible that it is the motherboard or the CPU. Did you ever overclock the CPU manually for a long period of time?

D

Deleted member 362816

Reactions: StutterB0B

StutterB0B

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021