Question A couple days ago, my PC started to randomly turn off in the middle of gaming or work. How can I fix this?

Oct 8, 2022
So far, I have tried reinstalling my driver software, checking to see if all my fans are working (they are), checking for software updates (Windows/Intel/NVIDIA), checking connections to and from the PC. I have a feeling is could a be a failing PSU, maybe?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy gaming use? Or video editing?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the times of the "turn offs".

Overall if you see a history of increasing numbers of errors and varying errors then the PSU is a potential suspect.

More information needed.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Oct 27, 2022
It can be overheating so check your heatsink if it is making good contact with the CPU.
or maybe your PSU is failing, If you have extra PSU or something you can borrow then test a few hours on gaming on it, if your problem still continues.