[SOLVED] A Curious Conundrum

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Motornerve

Commendable
May 8, 2019
Alright, through the following testing I still don't know what it is, but I know what it ISN'T

I have a set of 3 LG 27GL650F-B monitors (the NEW monitors) and a set of 2 BenQ GL2760H monitors (the OLD monitors).
Some notable differences:
Refresh rates - NEW 144hz | OLD 60hz
Connection - NEW Display/HDMI | OLD: HDMI/DVI

I have tried all NEW DisplayPort cables with the NEW monitors - FREEZE
I have tried each NEW monitor by itself in each of the 3 display ports available in my graphics card - FREEZE
I have tried each NEW monitor with an HDMI and the other 2 with a DisplayPort connection in all of my various ports on the graphics card - FREEZE
I have tried the OLD monitors with HDMI out from the monitor to an HDMI in on the graphics card, and a DisplayPort in (with an adapter) on the graphics card, and tried all combinations of the ports - NO FREEZE

It would seem by general elimination that there is something wrong with the DisplayPort protocol or drivers? Any insight? I do not know enough about the intricacies of DisplayPort technology to troubleshoot this with the information I have.

Colif

Win 10 Master
I connected my monitor through HDMI and DP Too, DP wasn't detected at all... I went to Nvidia Control Panel - Global Settings - Image Sharpening - And from OFF, changed to ON (whatever it was in the settings window) And VOILA! The DP turned on! Now every port works fine. I hope it helps. I googled this for a few months without success. Then somehow I remembered that nvidia uses upscaling/image "improvements" and I got lucky with this one. So it's the NVIDIA driver !!!

if that doesn't help I would ask on the Nvidia forums as its likely the card or drivers at this point.

Motornerve

Commendable
May 8, 2019
Yeah I double checked, and the Image Sharpening is off, I will check a few more settings, but if that doesn't work, I think I will just downgrade to HDMI 2.1, and still get some screaming resolutions.

ASK THE COMMUNITY