A Decent Gaming PC?

ClownWalker

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Here are my thoughts : I personally perfer Intel CPUs over AMDs but theyre still very good. I'd advise you to check this thread out for the CPU : http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1769457/core-amd-core-hyperthreaded-intel.html . They say a quad i5 can beat the 8 core Fx-8350 and as far as I'm concerned, an i5 is plenty for gaming.
8GB is plenty too, if you plan on gaming mostly.
SSD is up to your preference, I personally wouldn't need one because I'm fine with my loading speed. But I'd say it is great, coupled with the Blue Caviar HDD you listed.
I have an R9 270 and can run most recent games at High (Assassin's Creed 4, Skyrim) or even Ultra (Bioshock Infinite, Battlefield 4, Diablo III) but I'm planning myself on buying an R9 280x in the future as the better GPU, the longer it will last and be efficient in gaming. It all depends on what you play.
As for a 600W PSU, I would say it fits your need if you don't plan on doing SLI/Crossfire or anything. 600W is considered by most as the ideal/minimum power.
Hope this helps!

shnuhh

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
Great build, though I think that you should drop the SSD, and get an r9 290 (costs 295). You might also want to get a bigger PSU. But aside from that, your build is solid even without those upgrades