[SOLVED] A decision between 1440P and free-sync monitor

orion_o

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
I'm going to get a new GPU (RX5700), and with that a new monitor as well.
As i've checked what that gpu is capable of, i can see it runs basically all the new titles at ultra settings, with 1440P@60FPS or more, so my decision leans towards a 1440P@60FPS monitor.
However, then i noticed about free-sync monitors that i could get within the same budget, but only if i give up the high res in favor of 1080p (considering the budget).
So with that in mind, i need to think between a 1440P display and a 1080P display with free-sync capabilities.
The games i'm going to play are mostly visual based games, with nice views and colors, rather than frames-per-sec based games, so that makes me lean towards 1440P.

Current hardware:

GTX960
RYZEN 5 2600X
SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P2250

I would like to get some opinions on the matter, as which one will give me a better gaming experience.

Solution
As i've checked what that gpu is capable of, i can see it runs basically all the new titles at ultra settings, with 1440P@60FPS or more, so my decision leans towards a 1440P@60FPS monitor.
However, then i noticed about free-sync monitors that i could get within the same budget, but only if i give up the high res in favor of 1080p (considering the budget).
So with that in mind, i need to think between a 1440P display and a 1080P display with free-sync capabilities.
The games i'm going to play are mostly visual based games, with nice views and colors, rather than frames-per-sec based games, so that makes me lean towards 1440P.

Current hardware:

GTX960
RYZEN 5...

Current hardware:

GTX960
RYZEN 5 2600X
SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P2250

I would like to get some opinions on the matter, as which one will give me a better gaming experience.

If you aren't playing very fast paced games (e.g. CS:GO) then I would go with the a 1440p display.

Solution