[SOLVED] A deep scratch on motherboard

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
So I bought a motherboard and cpu, it didn't work, in the end I was able to get a refund from the cpu seller

Now I observed that there's a big scratch on the motherboard, it wasn't there at first, maybe it was when we screwed the cooler tightly that caused this

Will this affect my motherboard? Please refer to the picture
View: https://imgur.com/a/AqBXolm

The board is msi b85m-p33 v2

It's hard for me to check it cause i dont have any friend with a 4th gen cpu. So maybe I can ask the possibilities here first.

Solution
It looks like the area that is damaged is entirely in the section used just for cooler mounting.
Confirm that there is no printed circuit in that spot, but I believe you'll find that there isn't.
You should be fine.
Try not to force anything in the future..you shouldn't have to gouge the motherboard trying to install a heatsink.
It looks like the area that is damaged is entirely in the section used just for cooler mounting.
Confirm that there is no printed circuit in that spot, but I believe you'll find that there isn't.
You should be fine.
Try not to force anything in the future..you shouldn't have to gouge the motherboard trying to install a heatsink.

Solution